2d command set in 3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/2d command set in 3d

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm arranging things in my head for a hopefully short programming project for a system that would convert the full blitz2d graphics command set to 3d, in such a way that people can just include it with a gui (or anything, actually) of their choice and it will become a (hopefully) single surface 2d scene in front of a 3d game camera powered by sprites and other such fun things!
Better stop that paragraph, I'm rambling :)

Current aditional features will be:
-A shape can also be extruded, meaning that it is popped outwards along the z axis to turn it into a 3d shape. This could be useful for any nutters making buttons in a program with a needlessly exuberant GUI.
-Alpha setting on Color function. As an extra bonus, this shape would be able to be used as a 3d object anywhere.

That's it currently. The rest is, of course, a copy of every function in the b2d images command set working in the exact same way except with 3d to speed things up.

So... What would you want to see in this?
Please tell me if this has already been done.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
I think there was something called "spritecontrol" that is doing most of it:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/config/spritecontrol/spritecontrol.htm

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
Almost like that, except my idea is mostly to transform any 2d gui into a 3d gui simply by including a file and putting a simple function in the main loop.
Although, I may use that... Thanks for the link :)