AphaGUI by Jeppe Nielsen

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/AphaGUI by Jeppe Nielsen

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#1]
Has anyone got the documentation for the editor?
It wasnt in the file I downloaded

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
This one says:

Including:

AlphaGUI include file
AlphaGUI editor
Documentation
3 Examples
6 Extra bitmap fonts
Font Creator Program

http://www.gameart.dk/alphagui/

So if this isn't the one you already got, then try it.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#3]
ya i downloaded it again but still no instructions :(

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Then I have no idea. Did you try to contact Jeppe directly?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
I just downloaded it and it was in the proper folder. Why don't you list the folders you unzipped. Did you do something silly like try to force them to be in the blitz directory?

-RZ

GW(Posted 2005) [#6]
There is no documentation for the editor. I've been using alphagui for so long now I can get around the editor pretty well, ask your question here and maybe i can help.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks GW I was just wondering how would I make a button return a value,

I know how you are supposed to do it but...

I make my own button,give it a name,an ID I name the menu, etc.

but when I load my gui file into example1.bb in the examples folder, the program doesnt say that my mouse pointer is touching the button when it is, and therefore doesnt recognize when the button is pressed either.

Rook-there is documentation there but are you sure its for the editor? there is editor.html in the folder but thats it.-just the title page

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#8]
Nope... I took another look at it. Editor is not mentioned... Sorry. I will scan SLOWLY newxt time. I use BlitzUI anyway because FUI had a few lags! : )
-RZ

GW(Posted 2005) [#9]
AlphaGetTouched() and AlphaGetReleased() the commands you want.
AlphaGetreleased returns the ID of the element thats active and works best for buttons and such. The way I usually do it is pass AlphaGetreleased() into a local variable and then do a select case on that value. You should not be polling the AlphaGetReleased function more than once in a loop.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#10]
yeah im using the code from the first example but Im loading my own GUI template from the editor,
Select alphamenuget$() ; what menu is active ?

Case "Aim"

Select alphagetactive$()

Case "Aim button"

Text 10,130,"Hello"
end select

is the code im using but nothing happens,
when the same code is used with one of the example GUI templates it works.

So I just dont understand what Im doing wrong in the editor.
I gave the button an ID and a name

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2005) [#11]
Try to use AlphaGetReleased$() when checking for buttons. And in the code you have posted, are you sure that the text 10,130,"Hello" is shown?, it might not if a renderworld lower in you code overwrites the 2d text.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#12]
Hi thanks for the reply,
here is the code:

and the GUI file:
http://slenkar.spymac.net/button2.gui

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2005) [#13]
I have loaded your gui file in the editor, and I found out that your button, is.. well.. not a button :-), its a label gadget which is why it cannot be checked with alphagetactive$(). Make the "button" a button gadget instead of a label gadget, using the dropdown gadget to the right in the editor. The default selected gadget type in the editor is a label gadget, which is only useful for displaying static stuff, ie no interactive gadgets.

Hope this solves it :-)

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#14]
Thanks for the help, I thought I had selected button but I must have been wrong

EDIT-ARGH! You cant actually move any cameras about without losing the GUI !!!!

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2005) [#15]
Try using a:
EntityOrder alphacamera,-32

or something, this will help, the reason, I think, why the alphatofront function doesn't work is because the library was created before you could specify an entityorder for cameras. Before you would use hide/show entity to bring a camera to front/back.
Hope this solves it

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#16]
OK thanks Ill try it out!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#17]
Jeppe, yes, I had to modify your code to get that function to work properly too and EntityOrder Alphacamera pretty much removed the need for that function. :)

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#18]
I tried it and it didnt work, I think it has to do more with what camera is being used to position the sprites, dont know how to do it myself though