FUI Text = Blurry

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/FUI Text = Blurry

Joey(Posted 2005) [#1]
When I use FUI and move the camera around the menu text starts to get blurry and it looks to me like I can see the window render everytime or something. Is there a way to fix this.

Uncle(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hi,

Really you should try and keep the FUI camera static, as it is specifically set in a position to create crisp pixels. Ideally you should create a second camera for your movements, and then do a second render pass.

Cheers,

Unc

Joey(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ok that sounds pretty smart lol. Ok now how do I make it so I can still see the gui but move the camera behind it. Do I have to "attach" the FUi cam to my main cam or what. Im a newby at this so. How do I do what you said lol. Im not asking for code but rather the technique or method. If explaining involves using code thats fine.

Uncle(Posted 2005) [#4]
Is not as hard as it sounds. I used it all when using creating my particle editor. Infact in the version Im working on now I have 5 cameras (4 viewport windows and the gui camera).

Try looking at the below code for idea of multi rendering...

http://f-software.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114

Cheers,

Unc

Joey(Posted 2005) [#5]
ya i have read that before but Im not sure exactly what they are doing. They guy solving the problem appears to feel the same way becuz the person did not display his problem very well. I will look at the cameraclsmode when I get home I guess and see what it does but.

Rottbott(Posted 2005) [#6]
Or use FUI views. You'll have to do as I did and hack around with FUI's guts to make them work inside tabs, but they're ok for just normal windows.

Joey(Posted 2005) [#7]
I dont want to use Views becuz then it requires rendering of my seen twice making the app slower.

Rottbott(Posted 2005) [#8]
No it doesn't. (I use about 5 views in the same application and my app runs just as quickly.)

Joey(Posted 2005) [#9]
idk lol maybe im reading this wrong. http://www.f-software.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143

Rottbott(Posted 2005) [#10]
Yeah, it calls RenderWorld() twice to render the GUI and the view seperately, but it doesn't actually render your scene twice.

Having said that, I've hacked my version of FUI around beyond belief as it was very buggy and didn't support features I needed, so it's quite likely that mine is faster than the proper version. Still, I suggest trying views because if they do work (and are fast enough for you), it's a *much* easier way of combining the 3D scene and FUI gadgets.

Uncle(Posted 2005) [#11]
I hacked my copy of FUI around as well. I can't use any of the updates anymore, but the version I have is pretty fast now. I looked at the render rountine and made sure it only update when it needed to i.e. not every frame, but when something is clicked.

Joey(Posted 2005) [#12]
nice. Well i did a lil bitty hack but it dont count lol. Mine was with the tab system to make it look better. But ill try the view 3d and see what I get.