delay problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/delay problem

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#1]
OK it is probably something stupid... but I am having a problem with the delay. I think that I am not seeing what I want because of the update rates on the video card.

I am making a swapping game. Probably more posts later...

You pick the first ball and it moves UP

You pick the second ball and it is supposed to drop DOWN (at least for a 1/2 a second) then the balls switch places.

Right now I don't have the checklegalmove() added and the checkforthree() is there but not actived...

But can someone hepl me see what I want???

If you use ANY of this code I expect a name in your game credits! : )
-RZ

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#2]
Thanks for all your help. It should be noted that, for some reason, this code refuses topick an entity 10% of the time and refuses to recognize an entity 20% of the time... I just re reun it and it seems to work on the second try. I am probably passing entity too much.

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#3]
It would help if your code didn't have to be debugged to get it working in the first place :)

>>> Global point=LoadImage("pointer4.png") <<< No-one will have access to the media

I looked briefly but I couldn't understand what you wanted from this...
You pick the second ball and it is supposed to drop DOWN (at least for a 1/2 a second) then the balls switch places.
...because that's what it appeared to be doing to me?

Did you mean you wanted the ball to take 1/2 a second to drop down, or pause for 1/2 a second then drop down?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#4]
drop down THEN pause for 1/2 a second. My machine the first pops up and then you click the second and it changes instantly... you don't see the drop down.

-RZ