getting the true Pitch value of an entity

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/getting the true Pitch value of an entity

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi people!

I need to get the real pitch value of an object. i obviously have its yaw/roll blitz values.

How can i figure out the true pith value using these?

Cheers

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#2]
Im not sure exactly what you are talking about and im not sure if this would work but i think you could set a var and each time the object is pitch, add/subtract from that var the same amount you pitched it so the var keeps the value of the pitch. Im not very experianced in the 3d features so this will probably not work. please try not to flame me too much

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
;) I'm not going to flame you and that WOULD work perfectly, however i have alot of commands and ODE is changing alot of stuff internally.

There is another way to do it, calculating using the reported pitch,yaw and roll values.

I have had it semi-working earlier using parenting and such, but then i discovered a "bug/feature" ;) involving entities getting scaled. My technique also was guesswork thaqt worked...

Cheers for your reply, n8r2k.

Any more info people?

n8r2k(Posted 2005) [#4]
lol sorry it worked but not for you

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
read my comment here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=43116

so pitch above 90 degs makes yaw and roll "jump". you may reverse-calculate this.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#6]
@JFK... yep, thats what i got done last night. Cheers for your response though, Thought thered be a straighforward mathematical function!