DICOM in blitz3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/DICOM in blitz3d

shawnus(Posted 2005) [#1]
Does anyone have any experience with DICOM files with particular regard to 3d representation of medical data in blitz3d. I know blitz does not support volume rendering, but I was thinking more along the lines of surface rendered models.

Cheers, Shawnus

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
..I did something similar in my past project..so my question is what you looking for exactly...I also wrote convertor for seizmic data for generation of 3D model according to scanned laser surface/underground data...

shawnus(Posted 2005) [#3]
SubZero

Thanks for the reply.

I think the data is represented as a 3 dimensional array.

I know that from the CARTO MRI (which we use for cardiac ablation procedures) you can export 3d models in this manner (presumably to a text file) for reconstruction in 3rd party 3d software, but this data would I think be a volume rendered dataset, although it appears surface rendered on the CARTO.

I think that the data from CT/MRI modalities is generated in a similar fashon.

I guess I am really looking for a starting point in terms of how do I proceed from a set of 3d co-ordinates in a text file to a surface-rendered model?

Thanks, Shawnus

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#4]
..may I see exact text file with stored 3D coordinates structure??

shawnus(Posted 2005) [#5]
SubZero

Yes, when I can get hold of it. It might take a few days.

Thanks, Shawnus

morszeck(Posted 2005) [#6]
You can extract a DICOM-File, and viewing in 3D?

Dark Ray(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hey, shawnus, are you a Radiologist? I'm too!!

morszeck(Posted 2005) [#8]
I not, but my girlfriend is a radiologist. She work on a MRI from Siemens and she knows my heart. ;)