Window's window lib

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Window's window lib

Kryzon(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a little question: can we use windows' window library in blitz3d?
I want to use Windows'lib 'cause i wanna have something like this in my application:

What i need to do?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
You can access the windows API with userlibs, but Blitz3D is not supporting the Windows Abstract Tool Kit (Windows Gui) natively. You may try WinBlitz, this is a Gui Library that hooks the Blitz3D window as a child. Here's the Library:
http://www.melog.ch/dl/WinBlitz3Dbeta016b.zip

You could also use BlitzPlus for this kind of Interface.

Alternatively there are some non-system GUIs, most of them support Menus and Tabs, like in your picture. They may look not exactly the same. Check the GUI Section of the Toolbox.

Kryzon(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ok, thanks for the answer.

I realized that i can't use BlitzPlus because it doesn't has 3d commands.
Oh, and I downloaded the WinBlitz Lib, but it keeps saying that in the winblitz3d_include.bb some functions couldn't be found.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Did you copy the file "WinBlitz3D_n0dll.decls" to your "userlib" folder?

Kryzon(Posted 2005) [#5]
Oh, i didn't do that. I'll do it now.

Well the .decls is aparently working, but now it needs a user32.dll .

Conan(Posted 2005) [#6]

Kryzon(Posted 2005) [#7]
I know itīs the window's user32.dll, but the .decl file isn't recognizing it.

Kryzon(Posted 2005) [#8]
Oh, and Conan:
Why do you even bother posting "..." if you're not helping anybody?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#9]
BlizUI has all those features... is very simple message based UI and I like it.

You can DL it here: http://www.legacygames.co.uk/index.php

-RZ

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#10]
jfk - is this one of yours, or are you just holding a copy for download?

I had high hopes for WinBlitz3D but even now (a year after I first downloaded it?) half the examples literally do nothing, most appear to have a picture(?) which appears then disappears (loss of focus?), and a couple even cause a non-debug-trappable error.

I really wish the author would finish this properly - I'd be quite happy to pay for it!

Conan(Posted 2005) [#11]
Oh, yeah, sorry for the post up there, but i'd posted on the wrong thread, you see... so i erased it. (not against the rules, is it?)

Kryzon(Posted 2005) [#12]
hey Rook, thank you very much for the link. I've downloaded
it and it seems VERY interesting; and it's free!

I decided to stop trying to understand how WinBlitz3d works, because (i think) it's too complicated.

Thank you all for the posts,
Rafael Navega.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#13]
John - yes, BLitzWin3D still has some Problems, and the Author said it was the last release. It isn't a finished thing, I agree. But it shows how to use userlibs to get access to some windows stuff, eg. how to hook the Blitz Window onto an other processes window. Well, I wrote a little App with it some time ago, and I had to fix several little bugs (or let's say work around them). But basicly it works, can be used for some apps. (see: TextureWobbler).

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#14]
No Problemo Amigo... Buen Suerte! I have been fiddling with WinBlitz3d and couldn't make a go... I have code to use blitzUI and if the message system seems complicated at first just post for help. : )
-RZ
Not promising that I know ANYTHING but someone will!