Loading three[d] trees

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Loading three[d] trees

SkyCube(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the free program tree[d] to create , well, trees. However, the program only saves in a native format (.trd). How can I use trees created by this program in Blitz3D? Thanks for any info.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#2]
The idea is that you can load them into gile[s].

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
The original tree[d] also exported to .gls, which somebody wrote a loader for. Judging by the fact that it is not available, and tree[d] 2 does not do that, I would bet that (Fredborg?) does not want us to be using tree[d] without owning gile[s].

Canali(Posted 2005) [#4]
Well...
...since Tree(d) is really very very good (imho the BEST around) and totally free I think that is not a great issue the fact we're "forced" to buy Gile(s) to use it.

My only complain is that I would like to be able to load a Gile scens with Tree(d) trees and animate 'em like I see when I create 'em in the editor.

I guess that would'nt be too hard to implement it for Freborg since Gile(s) format still let you recognize each single "object" in the scene.
And he already has a good movement/wind simulation algorithm as seen in Tree(d) editor.

Let's cross our fingers ;)

WildStorm(Posted 2005) [#5]
if you have gile[s] copy the tree[d] folder into gile[s]\plugins

SkyCube(Posted 2005) [#6]
What does gile(s) do actually? The term "Global Illumination Editor" really doesn't tell me much. What is it useful for?

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#7]
mostly lightmapping with some very clever auto UV mapping and mesh sorting and some simple level building tools, like exporting lights etc.

Ziltch(Posted 2005) [#8]
Giles s great for ;
1. Laying layout a world using .lws .3ds .b3d , plugins (tree,boxs,and more), etc.
2. Then changing the textures.
3. And finaly make the world come alive with great lightmaps.
All into a b3d.
You can even give the objects params to pass to blitz. ie I use it for mass,health,etc