Problems with Blitz Collisions .. I think!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problems with Blitz Collisions .. I think!

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#1]
An some may have read in this thread ..

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=43707

I've been trying for a week on and off to try and get this working and I'm starting to think that Blitz collisions aren't up for the job.

The problem I'm having is that when the car goes from a straight to an inline the jump is too much and the car gets a jolt in a random direction ... pretty ugly.

I can drive fine on a flat surface but it all goes to shit on a bend or incline!

The track I'm using is interpolated using Beziers and I'm using sliding collisions on each of the verlet particles so it should work!! Has anyone experienced this before and have a workable solution?

If anyone out there has a copy of the buggy verlet demo which DMC wrote, Swift cleaned up and various others were involved with I'd really appreciate a copy - simply to see how they solved this very problem.

Cheers
Stevie

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#2]
Without seeing the code I just have to ask if you created a pivot at the car and you used translateentity correctly to reposition the car... Physics is a bugaboo!
-RZ

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yes, the car mesh is attached to the central verlet(pivot) of the verlet cage and aligned to the cages vector. I also translate the entity so this is not the problem.

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ok .. assume noone has come across this problem before. I'm thinking that it may be time to give up on the verlet stuff and try other methods.

Pretty please does anyone have a copy of this old demo though??

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
Post some code so we can see what you mean! It is difficult working blind.
-RZ