Blitz's Capabilities

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz's Capabilities

ronbravo(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi. I am doing a presentation for our local IGDA chapter showcasing the Blitz programming language's capabilities to make software and games. I wanted to know if people could provide me with Blitz game examples and software. After searching through this forum I have found some already but I would like to know if anyone has any other ones they think are nice. Please provide a name or link. Thank you all. Also does any one have the Zelda_Broken_Shards demo? I think this is really nice expansion on a classic game that was made using Blitz. Thanks again.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
The Gallery is certainly a good place to start.
Also, the Blitz Showcase forum.
And don't forget about the worklogs.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#3]
Check out Aerial Antics! I've shown off a bunch of stuff at my local (or not so local cause it's 4 hours away) IGDA chapter. What chapter are you with?

semar(Posted 2005) [#4]
On my website (link in the signature) you can find:

- an asteroids remake which records and plays back a whole game session

- a bomberman remake which can be played in a network

- a speech synthesizer which reads text and speaks it - complete with b+ source code

- and more.

Feel free to use it, if you like, in your presentation. If you do so, please remember to mention my name.

:)

Sergio.

ronbravo(Posted 2005) [#5]
I am with the Phoenix Branch in North America. It good to know that someone else has presented blitz before the IGDA. Thanks for the link Semar and I will bring arial antics as well. The more the better.

ronbravo(Posted 2005) [#6]
Anyone have the Zelda_Broken_Shards demo? The link on the site does not seem to work.