Audio: to the basics!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Audio: to the basics!

Baystep Productions(Posted 2005) [#1]
It's really hard to think of a title for these that actualy get attention besides "help". I don't know i've tried to beg, borrow, steal, and try to figure out, but I can't find anything that will get my desired results.

What do I need?
Always something, but for this problem how about something I can call that will get the Beats Per Minuet of a song. Or something close. So I can get some-sort of rythem syncronizing something-arather. BPM of an MP or WAV. Help please.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#2]
You'd need some pretty fancy technology to discern the BPM of streaming media. Best to use bass.dll with a module song and sync to a specific instrument.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#3]
It's really hard to think of a title for these that actualy get attention besides "help".
Title the thread to what the topic is. If you want help, that's the best way...

It's not about getting attention. It's about getting someone that knows the answer. All the attention in the world isn't going to help, unless someone knows the answer.

As for your problem, it sounds close to impossible to do, especially on the fly, and especially with songs that dynamically change beats/min. throughout the song.

Write your own songs and you will know the beats per minute.