Advanced games!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Advanced games!

ThomasD(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have yet to see any examples with complete source code of games that uses high resolution graphics and screens that moves along with the game character. For instance Dr. Franken,KnightMare,Mars Taxi and so on. Does anyone know how to make those kind of games or have any other sites than the blitz forum since they dont have it here.

Tom(Posted 2005) [#2]
high resolution graphics and screens that moves along with the game character

Blitz3D\samples\mak\castle\castle.bb

Change the resolution to whatever you want

Edit: Actualy, I think you might be on about 2D, right?

Shagwana(Posted 2005) [#3]
What is it your after, how to make bigger then the screen background images?.

Dr Franken uses little tiles that are stitched together at draw time.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
Carro, not everyone wants to share source code. :p those games if i remember are all on Idigicons (or at least one or two of them) website? There would be no point in them being comercial.

However i beleive youre just not being clear. As Shagwana said, what are you after?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#5]
Edit: Actualy, I think you might be on about 2D, right?
That's what I thought at first... until he [edit] she [/edit] said Mars Taxi (which is 3D).

Dunno...

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#6]
You dont really need source code to games, just ask specific quesions here

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#7]
Is it proof you want? That these are B3D creations?

Just check out some of the code in the archives for some impressive routines just for starters!!!

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#8]
It is amazing how many people don't use search...

Go here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=42432

Or here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41360

There is even a small source code example.

{incredibly sarcastic flame about whining instead of using SEARCH edited out!}

-RZ

PS Malice, I like your new quote but my head hurts when I try to understand it! :)

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#9]
@RZ

Blame Agamer for that one! To be honest your one really did spark off the idea. I think I'll change it every friday, finding the funniest quotes from Blitz Users each week!

Agamer(Posted 2005) [#10]
Whats this, PLease exsplain!

Barliesque(Posted 2005) [#11]
You might like: www.blitzcoder.com
There are a lot of projects there with source code you can take a look at. Not everything includes source, though!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#12]
Ah...old Blitzcoder...

ThomasD(Posted 2005) [#13]
That is just my point why i am asking in the forum. Tom: I have already tested castle.bb and searched the demos in the Blitz3d and Blitz2D which i do not find to be any useful. Shagwana: I am looking for both screenbackgrounds and the code to make the screens move along with a game character in both 2D or 3D. Cygnus: I didnt say i want Knightmare,Mars Taxi or DrFranbken source codes in particular but simular or on the same level.

gburgess(Posted 2005) [#14]
Oh, just the source code for any commercial game.

Barliesque(Posted 2005) [#15]
Source code for any major game project is generally a lot to ask for. There are plenty of projects at www.blitzcoder.com you should have a look at.

At some point, you're going to have to just dive in and learn for yourself. If you're not such an experienced programmer, then don't try to start with the ultimate game project. Start with something reasonably simple and develop your skills from there.

You might also want to visit www.gamasutra.com for articles about specific game design subjects, presented by members of the commercial game industry.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#16]
Whats this, PLease exsplain!

The quotation in my sig started off with one from Rook Zimbabwe, then the next week was a quote by you, Agamer - look out for next week's fantastic Blitz user quote of the week :)

---------------------( Hijack over - sorry )----------------------

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#17]
I would reconsider Slenkar's post up there ^