Anim control

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anim control

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is it possible to track how far a transition between anim-sequences has come, I mean like a variable holding a number between 0 and 1? In a brave attempt to circumvent blitz shortcomings with controlling animation, I'm trying to store each and every frame in a separate sequence and then animate by interpolating between them(thx to Rob Farley for the idea). Hence the post, I need to track how far between transitions I am to do this properly. Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#2]
Actually on that subject I know something or two somethings... The original animation software used interpolation between two stock images and simply calculated image placement based on the number of frames specified between each. I think the drawings were done in the program (in vector) and points were formed to calculate points to move... Kind of like those MORPH programs... Hmmm... Picture morph.... There is a possibility that that could do what you want since that is what you are asking about... I think.

You take the two pictures and specify specific points and arrange the frames between them... I think most of the even output video files.

I think http://www.snapfiles.com has something in the freeware section. Look for picture morph.

-RZ

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#3]
Are you talking 2d or 3d? How would you just load 1 frame of an 3d animation?

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#4]
Never mind. The brain wasn't working right when I posted, I think. I wanted to extract anim sequences of one frame length each from an animated mesh to get better control over animation speed than what's possible with the 'Animate' command. It's easy as heck to do what I want, retarded question above actually :/