SERIOUS PROBLEM!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/SERIOUS PROBLEM!

daaan(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, my computer just crashed when I was running blitz and when I opened my project after the crash the file had nothing but a bunch of spaces on one line. Is there a way to get the source code out of the exe? a reverse compiler? please help if you can. thanks.

-dan

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
Check your two back up files.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
I find if one file is gone, so are the backups. Thats why i dont bother with the backup stuff :/

Anyway i once lost all my projects and i used a program called "getdataback" to retrieve it all again. just do NOT use that drive and save other stuff on it before you retreive it.

Also, this program is well worth the money if anything real bad happens.... sorry i dont have a link at the mo :/

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
And always copy your .bb files into a backup folder too. I used to get that problem alot.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#5]
I've never had this happen, but try this program:

http://www.geocities.jp/br_kato/

You have to run it as soon as you realise you've lost something, though, or the missing files may be over-written. Type .bb into the "All or part of file" box, then hit "Search Deleted Files". Most of what comes up will be corrupted junk, but hopefully you'll find your files in there somewhere...

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#6]
Have you tried openning it via notepad? It could be the disappearing font problem.
How big is the file?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks James, now if only you had shown me that when i lost everything last time :P

daaan(Posted 2005) [#8]
my .bb_bak2 was fine but .bb_bak1 was the same thing. thank god for blitz backing up your bb files everytime you save. thanks for the responds everyone.