iso 3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/iso 3d

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#1]
can any help me to create a better iso system plz!?!

screens

download the source code here:
http://www.diablogames.133h.co.uk/3D%20ISO%20-%20SJL.zip

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#2]
I don,t know why but it just shows up pitch black on my computer.
Here try mine.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1268

Diordna(Posted 2005) [#3]
I have some good iso code in another language, but you'd NEVER be able to read/understand it. I'll dig up the basic equations eventually, but beyond that, I can't really help you, sorry :(

SkyCube(Posted 2005) [#4]
What is an iso system? :|

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#5]
ISO style games are the likes of the original sim city 2000. Its basically an angled look down view with no perspective.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#6]
Did you search for "isometric" in the code archives?
-RZ

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#7]
OK I played with it a bit... added camera mode 2 to see what could happen. looks like this:

There is a little mor flavor here... added camera zoom but it is really fast on my cpu/ati gfx...

-RZ

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#8]
I don't know if CameraZoom Camera,0 would be any use, or some form of utilising CameraProjectMode (the no - z mode)?

Unfortunately, 3D graphics cameras add eprspective by default for the purpose of 'true-3d' images.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#9]
hey Rook Zimbabwe thanks for that. i tried using camera mode 2 but i thought i was too close, i didn't know that you had to use camerazoom. thanks!

Now all i have todo is add height

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#10]
add height??? I am about 6 foot tall... does that help?
;P
Yeah, camera mode and zoom are a little shakey. at least with my current change you can see what would look good and then know what to set it as. I use that for more than...

Camera Zoom can be used to simulate the SNIPER RIFLE SCOPE effect really well but applying a mask just before zooming is a bit tricky.

Are you planning to use sprites?

-RZ

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#11]
add height???
hills and stuff. cause the world isn't flat.

Are you planning to use sprites?
yes, i download that spritcontrol.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#12]
I don't know if you have played with HEIGHTMAP yet... it is pretty easy BUT once again it all goes back to scale. There also seems to be a limitation to the number of sprites on screen VS game speed. Good luck!

-RZ

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#13]
I read before Sprites can have a big impact on speed, due to their (partial) teransparent nature I think. To minimise this, try to keep them small where necessary, try best to recycle particle effect sprites and decals where possible too.

Hope this helps.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#14]
Rook,
i have herd of a HEIGHTMAP map but its just that i have to impliment it.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#15]
This is what I did... I hacked this out of my older 3d game but it should work.

OK you are going to need a greyscale heightmap... BMP and JPG work ok... JPG is smaller in Greyscale. You will also need a nice 256X256 colormap for your terrain... I have to research how to link images in to here but I will post when I do.

-RZ