How can I bring certain gadgets to the front?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How can I bring certain gadgets to the front?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#1]
every gadget in my User interface (be it the buttons, actual window or title bar) are stored in a type.I can move them all around with the mouse but they order is wrong. some objects will go behind others..

buttons are generally parented to the window gadget.

My question is: WHen i click on the main titlebar (to which the main window is parented) how can i bring the entire group forward?

Object heirarchy: (sp) from top

Titlebar>Window>Buttons

I cant seem to get it to work with EntityOrder. (simply entityorder entity,-1 still ends up with incorrect results)

is there a technique to say, iterate through all the gadgets and find the connected gadgets, and order them correctly? Any examples would be great as im unsure im doing things right...

Cheers...

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
Don't you just give each one a different negative entity order?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Tried that. if that is supposed to work then im doing something wrong, and i dont think i am...

How would i iterate through them and find the parents correctly though, my current loop skeeps finding the same one and causing a stack overflow :S

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'm adding a childen field to each gadget so i can access all the children directly.. this means i dont have to push the stack so hard and can position things directly :)

Wish me luck.