Windowed Apps Hiding

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Windowed Apps Hiding

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#1]
When you start a Blitz3d app and click anywhere else before the exe starts up, the Blitz window does not show. It does not take the focus when the app starts, and it does not show up in the taskbar either. My games initially start up in Windowed mode unless you request otherwise. It's not likely to be a huge problem, but if I can do it by accident, so can other people. So if I can't find a way to fix this, I'll have to make the program start up in fullscreen instead. Anyone have a solution to this?

EDIT: I'm not suggesting this is a Blitz-specific issue. I don't think it is. I'm just suggesting that the solutions may be Blitz-specific.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#2]
Start the program in fullscreen, then switch back to windowed mode. Forces "always on top".

Would that do?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#3]
That sounds good. I'll give that a bash.

EDIT: Ok, that does work. Blitz is quite slow switching in and out of fullscreen mode relative to other programs though, so it's quite an ugly switch and pause.

Is there any alternative?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Couldn't you use PositionWindow using a decls Win API call? If I remember right, PositionWindow gives you all you need, Z-Order, Show/Hide, Size, Position.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yep, Eikon posted a bit of code for using PositionWindown over on Blitzcoder and indeed it seems to be perfect for the job. Thanks.