building 3d terrain editor Your Ideas welcome

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/building 3d terrain editor Your Ideas welcome

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#1]
I have been programming in blitz3d for serveral months now yet projects are hard to complete when you have little model or texture resources available so i wish to help on one part of this subject

Landscape editor
Map editor

please post any features you think it should include and ideas of how to improve code as it developes

ideas to implement

1. Binary Maps
2. Binary Map tileable
3. 3d map editor scaleable
4. 3d tileset Generator
5. Textureset Designer
6. texturemap Designer
7. methods of export .dat .b3d

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#2]
binary Editor with lod tiles

arrow keys move camera

editing the binary data within sector1 changes the map detail by raising quads

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#3]

updated code slimline added testing for vertical move of tris

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#4]
I see a black screen when I run it.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#5]
sorry just changed the entity position try again

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#6]
What's the difference between the first & the second? Why are there two?

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#7]
Ok, got it to work.

I like the terrain editor. It is one I can work with - I can't wait until you start making textures for the thing!

And I also have one suggestion: make it so you can click on the terrain and hold down the button to make the terrain go up/down.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#8]
The first is a binary editor the higher the value the higher the quad appears on the map

each sector is a 3d tile map predefined
combining these to create your level which works on entity distance to show,hide,delete

so you could have create a map 100,100 each unit is a 3d tile map
using entitydistance it can create,show,hide,delete relevant tile to allow huge levels stored in data variable
giving minamal collision coding and manual 3d creation

The Second is to work with both

The concept

Create Large Map Single,Multi Surface terrains Multi might be needed for tile set to allow proper uv coords without conflicts

Create Large Multi Segment maps to be used in a similar format as the binary lod

Create Template Map To be used in TileSet Generator which is a third concept in the early stages
ie creates four corners 4,8,or 12 side panels and numerus central tiles

As for your request hope to add today thankyou Man of Many Names :) for your Responce