Cubemaps and Ati cards

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Cubemaps and Ati cards

Play(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hm, I have a little problems with Ati Radeons

I create a box, then I paint it with cubemapped texture and everything is ok both on ati and nvidia cards.

But, if I create a box, paint it with for example wood texture on the first layer, and cubemapped texture on second laeyr, the box dissapears on ati cards, while on nvidia's everything is ok.

What's up?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
I had disappear-bugs with the origninal catalyst dirver for my ati card. Updating catalyst from ati.com fixed it. Maybe it's gonna work for you too.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yes, I've found this too. I mistakenly reported it as a bug with the Caps commands, but it seems not to be the case. It seems rather to be either a driver problem or a Blitz cubemap problem. I've yet to verify which, since I took the decision to disable the effect in my game, but I can look into this in a couple of days.

Pongo(Posted 2005) [#4]
I had the same problems with my ATI card,... no drivers seemed to fix,... I'm now working happily with a new Nvidia card though.

Paolo(Posted 2005) [#5]
Does the spherical mapping work fine with ATI?
(I mean the flag 64 for textures).

Paolo(Posted 2005) [#6]
(double post, read above, sorry)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#7]
I neverhad any problem with that one. Tho I think it's done the software way (not by the card) trough blitz.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#8]
Does the spherical mapping work fine with ATI?
(I mean the flag 64 for textures).

Yes it does. My game ( Kick Shot Pool ) originally used cubemap texture layer 1 for cards which support it. A number of ATI cards ( with a range of the latest drivers, so not driver problems ) saw nothing. When I replaced the cubemap with a sphere map, the problem was gone. I changed no code, so you won't have any problems if you stick with sphere maps.

This does appear to be a bug.

Paolo(Posted 2005) [#9]
Ok, thanks!
I will have to play with sphere mapping for some effects then :)
Also I heard something about problems with the flag 256, but I think I will have this to be optional ...

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#10]
Bump. Any official comment on this? Are we not supposed to be putting cubemaps above layer 0?