Blitz3D update?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D update?

Phillip(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just wondering when the next update is gonna be released?

That's all that I was wanting to actually ask.

Thx.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#2]
You are not alone

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=42568

But this sort of answers you get usually - everybody is defending the invisible hero

RGR(Posted 2005) [#3]
Actually it needs no update - it needs a complete face lift.

Complete Commandsets around Meshes and the B3D File Format, Terrains, 3DSound, Bone and Animation Commands, etc..

And I wouldn't care if it costs something - I'd rather pay $50 for a major Blitz3D AddOn than starting a new venture (BMax)

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#4]
And it would be nice for Blitz3D to have cross-OS capability.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#5]
Optomistic - maybe it would be nice - but don't you see, what you do to this thread?
Other OSs mean to write the entire thing new. So why not concentrate on things that are easy be done? (As the Dark Development shows)

We know that the chances, that only a hundreds of our wishes may be fulfilled are very low - but mentioning what would be nice also is in my view the complete wrong way and the wrong sign to the Publisher.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#6]
RaGR - what exactly do you want adding to Blitz3D? Sounds a bit vague at the moment.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#7]
IMHO he simply wants everything... the allprogram... UberBASIC... also IMHO he is not alone. I wouldn't mind a simpler way to do bones, explode meshes, play with sound and sprites, card games, etc.

RZ

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#8]
You want "card games"? Is that really Marks job?

RGR(Posted 2005) [#9]
When will you guys learn to think before you write?
No ideas what its all about but writing rubbish.
You do not get paid for answers - write if you have something to say - not to write the 5000th post in a month... that brings not even a gold medal here.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#10]
It was a suggestion - I wasn't insisting it.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#11]
Just my view - no problem - since this here is dead anyway.
Beaker and all the others who are satisfied with an unfinished Project (Blitz3D)
Just take a look at http://www.thegamecreators.com/
I know it took them years to fix most of the million bugs from their first release - but meanwhile - look at latest releases - I think we can expect something similar for our Blitz3D.
Every customer of Blitz3D helped that Mark Sibly is able to work on that nice job, still - without Blitz3D customers he maybe would have been looking for something different (shepard?) - so he owes us something as well!

RGR(Posted 2005) [#12]
Edited: Hey - here was a SkidRacer Question in between - asking me, if I have taken a look into the gallery lately - that's what the answer below was for.

yes I have - why?

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#13]
sorry, i misread your post

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#14]
The new upgrade will fix several issues including multiple camera problems, model loading, sticky collision with BSP, some problems with transparency and much more.
(From The Game Creators Newsletter)
That kind of put me off :D

Anyway, take a peak at Nano, Techno, and Beta Blocker.
Those three are done with Blitz's current self, and they are all very nice. There's way more too.
If you want GL, there's a good variety of engines both in dev and finished that you can use. It would be nice if Blitz had more low level functions to make those things easier to do, but it doesn't.
Perhaps lack of an update is a good thing?? This way, we can do all those little hacks and things that we used to be afraid to do in case another update creeps up and renders them useless.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#15]
Okay Skidracer - no problem :-)

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#16]
Actually it needs no update - it needs a complete face lift.

Clearly that's not going to happen. BR have decided that BlitzMax is the future for them. It would be nice to get a few bux fixes though.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#17]
Yes Mr Pickklesworth
That's why I wrote that I am glad that Blitz3D exists and we have the best and fastest Basic Compiler around - and its stable - no serious bugs - and all that.

And the AddOns for Dark are made by 3rd Party developers especially for them, I guess - an advantage of the possibility of writing userlibs in c++ ?

What I want to say is - if they're making the job easier for their customers - adding to the 500 Commands even 300 more - so why can't we have the 120 or 150 that make our lives easier ?

RGR(Posted 2005) [#18]
Sybixsus - never say never ;-)
They may find out soon that this could be the wrong horse they bet on - not that I wish that...

But if so, they would be glad if the old supporters are still around.
And without AddOn or Update (whatever you call it) we would have to leave for some other solution - sooner or later - because there is too much missing and too many annoying workarounds...

And to add to this - what is wrong to have two horses in one race?

RaGR - what exactly do you want adding to Blitz3D? Sounds a bit vague at the moment.

What do you expect, Beaker? Shall I spend hours or days writing a catalog with full description and documentation? Just for fun? Because the only one who it would be addressed to will never read it anyway?
As I said: think before you write, people. And do not kill important threads this way. Because if there is a chance that Blitz Research has the time to read this, then only if its short and impressive. Not filled with rubbish and quick shots.
We must know if the support has finally ended - or if we can expect more to come.
And no speculation from users as you and me - the only one who knows has to explain that.
We have a saying in Germany (translated something like that): Better an end with a shock than shocks without end.
Just read that in english its: better a calamitous end than an endless calamity. ;-)

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#19]
RaGR - skidracer has already stated numerous times that Blitz3D will continue to be updated. Please stop asking the same question over and over. We all know you dislike Blitz and love Dark.. if thats not the case then maybe you should stop telling everyone so. If that is the case - then go moan on their forums about Blitz instead. At least there everyone will agree with you.

+BlackD

RGR(Posted 2005) [#20]
BlackD - you know nothing - obviously - especially nothing about my connection to DBPro.
And your comment is too stupid to give you a normal answer.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#21]
It appears that the one rambling here is RaGR...
Practice what you preach.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#22]
Another Baby wants to make scorer points?
Oh boy, so many brain acrobats at one place; reading your shit you would never expect that this is a programming forum.
Wake up Kids - ahh - hopeless - go you your moms and forget it...

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#23]
Oooh.. AGAIN saying I know nothing. This seems to be a topic of many of your posts. Saying OTHER people know nothing, when you're the one asking questions that have already been answered in the past. ;) Nice one, old man.

On another note - please refrain from swearing. These are public community forums.