Change BPM of .XM file

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Change BPM of .XM file

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#1]
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the tempo of an .xm file that is loaded using playmusic("stuff.xm")

Thanks

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#2]
Convert the file to a raw .wav

( http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone16/cat686/3194.htm )

Load it into GoldWave or similar ( www.goldwave.com )

In Goldwave Use "Select All", Tools, Time Warp and speed it up a little (there's an UNDO function so dont worry)

save the file

job done.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hi Malice,

Yeah I got Sony Soundforge and Cubase SX to do all that.

What I actually want to do is to take one of my songs in .xm format and increase of decrease the tempo of the song as the game plays. The further you get into a level the faster the tempo......

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#4]
I don't think you can do that... But I could be wrong.
However, you can change pitch (which will also make it faster, but also higher) with SoundPitch or ChannelPitch.
Otherwise you'll probably have to use an external sound library (like fmod - www.fmod.org - but I'm not sure how well it works with blitz).

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hmmn, That's a shame, perhaps we should re-write the game in BMAX and make use of the FMOD Module.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#6]
;--

poopla(Posted 2005) [#7]
You have ANY idea how much he's put into blitz over the years? Just because you came in after blitz ended being his primary concern doesn't mean he never tried.

Not saying I wouldn't like it, but a little respect. How about you go write something this big.

:P

RGR(Posted 2005) [#8]
;--

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#9]
RaGR - you are out of order. Blitz3D has plenty of major updates in the past few years. I've been using Blitz3D since before it was released - so don't try and pull that one on me.

I would like to see some additions to Blitz3D, but I'm not sure the cost to stability (or other products with more technological potential) would be worth it. Remember: Mark is only one person.

Blitz3D does have a future. I will continue to use it until I either can't or don't need to anymore. Have you considered doing the same?

You've already insulted two people in this thread, maybe its time to apologise.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#10]
;--

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#11]
Open the .XM up in sk@letracker, change the tempo, and save it. :)

RGR(Posted 2005) [#12]
;--

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#13]
I can read perfectly well, I didn't notice his further explanation amongst your constant bickering and outbursts of anger. Maybe you should take a pill and go get some sleep.

@Indiepath - BTW, love your asteroids clone. I think it's gotta be the best I've ever seen. :) As for trying to change tempo within Blitz3D, the only way I can think to do it is switch to BASS.DLL rather than using Blitz internal module playing capibilities. I believe BASS has tempo changing commands(?)

+BlackD

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#14]
BlackD, thanks for the information but this is for a commercial game and our budgets do not extend to the commercial licence fee of the BASS.DLL

We may have to contruct a custom .dll or use BMax as I previously mentioned.

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#15]
And its just my view - and its addressed to Mark Sibly actually - and he is really no child - so no-one has to defend him.
so it's okay for someone to insult him, but not if someone wants to defend him? *sigh*
This is a forum, if you don't want anyone to react or defend him, contact him by mail.

I can understand you're a bit frustrated, but still you don't have to act like that. Mark Sibly doesn't have to do jack for you, it's not because YOU purchased his $99 program that he has to keep working on it for eternity just to please you.
So stop acting like a 3 year old.