Sprite + Fog + Distance = Blob

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Sprite + Fog + Distance = Blob

Newbunkle(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, I'm fairly new to Blitz3D and I've hit a snag. I have a few sprites dotted around, which appear fine when close up. As I move away and they reach the fog, the transparent colour gets tainted and becomes a grey blob. Can anyone give me a clue how to have 'nice' sprites at any distance from the camera? =)

GfK(Posted 2005) [#2]
disable fog on the sprite (EntityFX +8)?

Newbunkle(Posted 2005) [#3]
That did the trick! Cheers. =D

GfK(Posted 2005) [#4]
Slightly O.T. - you may want to change your signature before a moderator sees it, as its in breach of the site terms and conditions of use.

DH(Posted 2005) [#5]
as its in breach of the site terms and conditions of use.

You know, it is sort of funny how the guy, who is guilty of letting his mouth run away with him from time to time, can pass judgement on others....

I think his sig is short, and to the point...

GfK(Posted 2005) [#6]
Who rattled your cage? Go and cause trouble with the kiddies on Blitzcoder, you silly little troll.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#7]

Sorted out wraparound Terrains (thanks to Stevie G) Made some improvements to initialisation routines to effectively position ship on start/launch.

Sorted 'disable fog' on HUD / star sprites to remove ClsColor issues.

Now to add texture levels to terrain...

---------------------------------
CoolSoft Developments

Not good Terrains (Posted 2004-04-30) Edit Move Kill

My Terrains look poor - I think due to Fogging ranges, the Terrain colours never show through on Cockpit-Camera view.

Also Strange sprite effects on HUD images result in square backgrounds of ClsColor appear around all my sprites. Perhaps due to Fogging or altering CameraClsColor from 0,0,0 (Alpha colour of sprites).

Thanks to Stevie G I can create a wraparound terrain much easier.

My similar problem - quoted from 'Galactic' Worklog.