Model outline & alpha

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Model outline & alpha

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

If I create an outline by using a bigger and reversed version of my model with a black texture, I can't use entityalpha anymore, because you see the inversed copy of the model trough the model. Does anyone know of a way that I can still make my model transparant when I use an outline?

Thanks.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#2]
I see you took my advice. Hmm, i have seen the effect you want in many games which appear because of errors. I think you should play with Texture flags and EntityOrder and see what happens. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer :)

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#3]
Your advice? I think you're mistaking me for someone else, possibly Alienforce because of his recent outline topic.
I found out how to do outlines by searching the forum.
Thanks anyway :)

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#4]
oh ... ok , thats odd! :P

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#5]
Try using the spherical map trick then. You can use alpha on that.

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#6]
The spherical map trick? I thought that was for cel shading, not for outlines... I suppose you could use it for outlines if all your models are built with spheres, but I don't think it would work well for characters.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#7]
Your models don't need to be built from spheres... It will outline most things, as long as it has decent edges. Doesn't have anything to do with spheres :o)