The Blitz Font.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/The Blitz Font.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#1]
This thread is a reason why there should be a general discussion section, by the way.

All right, I am having some really annoying problems with the Blitz font, and it is not my fault!
I downloaded the Protean IDE demo, and played about with it for a bit. I decided that I may look at it again later based on the goodness of the Blitz Max IDE, and then uninstalled it.
The Protean installation also came with a copy of the Blitz font. In a staggering act of incredible genius, windows had decided that the Blitz font that came with Protean should take precendence over the one in the Windows/Fonts directory (or something equally stupid). Whatever happened, it has caused the following:

My Blitz font file appears to be empty when I view it (I don't know if it's always been like this or what), and the BB IDE (or any ide) will not show any text because the font file is empty.
I have reinstalled Blitz 3d twice now, and mucked about with various attempts at putting the Blitz font into the windows/fonts directory, but all to no avail.

Any idea what is wrong and how to fix this?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#2]
The "Blitz IDE not showing text" problem is fixable by way of a simple reboot.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
Aw darnit!
I hate it when it's a stupid oversight like that.
Judging by the way Windows seemed to efficiently install the font, I assumed that a reboot was unnessesary.
Aww well, I guess I can do nothing but swear you to silence and hope that nobody ever hears of this (which is the second time I couldn't solve a problem that just involved a simple reboot).

Shhh.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've also noticed, i can only use the blitz font, if the blitz IDE is open. Odd thing that. Must be my computer ^_^

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#5]
My only instance of a blitz font is in :
C:\Program Files\Blitz3d\cfg
And not in my font directory... So I installed it in my font directory as well... Blitz10...

PaintShop 8.10 can't find it and neither can Corel Draw12. I look at it with Fontfinder and it is listed as an ADOBE font. I see it there. Doesn't look too good.

RZ