Multisurface

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Multisurface

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

Im having a samll issue, I want to take several entities that use the same texture, save them all together as one B3D, then when I load the B3D I want all the entities that were added to this mesh to have thier own surface..

I can export the B3D comprised of several entities, ive tried addmesh and my own Add_surface command before export.. but it seems nomatter what, Blitz wont allow same texture surfaces to load without combining them. So what was originally a 8 surface entity, using same texture on 5 of the surfaces.. gets loaded as a 2 surface entity.

Any advice or assistance is appreciated.

DJWoodgate(Posted 2005) [#2]
Surfaces with the same properties are combined. (color, alpha, texture, shininess etc). Now this should in any right thinking universe be an optional optimisation, however..

I guess you could say have each surface a different color then set them back to the same color after loading by use of getsurfacebrush and paintsurface. I have not tried this myself though, so although I think it should work, there may be issues in certain circumstances.

Alternatively just use your own B3d loader.

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#3]
that did the trick, thanks!!