Anyone tested OSA Kit yet plz?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Anyone tested OSA Kit yet plz?

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,

I have been playing with the excellent OSA Kit this pm. Wow this is so easy to implement, it is a must if you are selling games from a website.

I have had a couple of issues with the trial version...Sphinx if you are looking here please check your e-mail - ta!

Well this has been a fantastic year for Blitz 3D, with all the fab stuff being released, roll on 2005 and BMax too!

IPete2.

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#2]
I tried the online version of the Blitz3D castle demo. During dowload, I was asked to download and install an update for the Visual Basic runtime. After the VB update installed it then asked me to restart my comp. I chose not to do that (would have killed my dial-up connection plus various items I had running) and everything went OK, but I think the average user would be put off in that situation.

The wording of a popup window that appeared later during installation seemed to indicate that continuing was not a good idea, also, though I can't remember the exact wording.

Everything went smoothly, though. The castle demo loaded and ran OK.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#3]
i thought the price was a bit steep, (you know, im constantly skint)...

I just sat back and thought about what it does.. then thought how fantastic it was- and then i knew the cost was worth it...

Someday in the near future il be swiping myself a copy :D

its a great bit o code!

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yes Axeman,

I saw that but it is becaue it is a 'restricted' demo version of the CAB file which the sdk provides.

The VB item only needs to download once as I understand it, and only on older OS's.

I managed to get it working fine with a very small demo on my website.

www.smartscreenuk.com/browsertest.htm

I'll be testing a few different things in the over the weekend so check back occasionally.

IPete2.