Bmax - win32 demos ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Bmax - win32 demos ?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#1]
Are there any other Bmax Win32 Demos that we could see other than the little rocket one we saw a while back.

I mean max is out so any chance some of the testers could show is some of the stuff they have been able to come up with ??

RGR(Posted 2004) [#2]
;-

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#3]
Can't post in BMax.

N(Posted 2004) [#4]
RaGR: Blitz3D users are restricted to posting in the fora under the Blitz3D Community section (not much of a community if people using the same brand of language can't communicate though). Same applies to BlitzMax and BlitzPlus users. You can only post in fora pertaining to the product you own, even if you can still help people with stuff that doesn't pertain strictly to that product's API.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#5]
yeah thats kida dumb aint it.

Id love to put all my blitzmax Q'?s in the right forum. but guess I have to post it here. I'm wondering if the beta testers have access to the Max forums, would be kind dumb if they didnt.

Anyway still would like to know if anyone can show us some more win32 stuff.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#6]
Don`t you have to have the Windows version to actually make a Windows executable version of you game\app though? I`m sure I saw that in a previous post. You can only compile a Mac .exe on a Mac and a PC .exe on a PC.

Jason.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#7]
What so you think that the beta testers were only using the mac version then ? dont you think it would have been tested on win32 and linux as well ???

And we have already been shown a rocket arkanoid thing (win32) I'm only asking if there is anything else that we could be shown, possibly some of the stuff thats going to be in the sample folder ?

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#8]
a) Yes Beta Testers have access to all the forums
b) The win32 one can build demos, but is not quite as up to date as the Mac one, yet..

As for releasing any more Win32 demos, Mark/BRL have to decide about that.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#9]
Sorry Yavin, I thought you meant some demos from the Mac users. My mistake for not reading your post properly.

Jason.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#10]
np QS, and thanks teraBit I thought thy would do.

OK then Simon ? Mark ? Any of you care to drop us another bone to keep us going till you let the big bad win32 dog out of its cage ?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#11]
And what's going on on then Macs? Any 3D Module in the works or something?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#12]
Good question, would I be right in saying that any 3D module made for the mac could also be used for the linux version as well ?

Dont mac's use some sort of linux ?

TeraBit(Posted 2004) [#13]
A 3D module would be cross platform and should work on all versions.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#14]
I still would like to see some examples created on the win32 platform other than the little rocket one.

Does any of the BRL team check these forums ? seems that the guys are spending all their time on the blitz max forums.

Is it just me that thinks not being able to post stuff there until you buy is a bit daft ? same goes for the blitz plus forums I guess.

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#15]
Where can I find this 'rocket demo'?
The forums are such a mess since the switch I dont know where anything is :'(