Feature Request

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Feature Request

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here's my latest feature request:
Automatic media stand-ins.
I am sooo sick of having people post their source code, which accesses a bunch of external media, and then I have to save the file somewhere where I'll remember to delete it, fin a 3d model, copy it over, find textures, copy them over, and then finally run the file. What would be great would be if b3d (or even bmax) had media stand-ins that I could build right into the editor in some way and I can just turn them on with a particular variable in a loadsomething command...

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#2]
If you're talking about BMax, it does have that. IncBin or something is the command. You can put all sorts of files into your EXEs or bmxs. For b3d it would be cool too.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#3]
That isn't what he's asking for, but what he's asking for is crazy. :-)

DJWoodgate(Posted 2004) [#4]
Here is an alternative idea that is much more feasible. Stop doing it if you are sick of it.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#5]
And Blitz is supposed to guess what size these standins should be? Not to mention there is probably code out there which relies upon Blitz's load routines returning 0 when a file can't be found.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#6]
what he wants is a behavior like Dark Basic IDE has it with its project multimedia handling.

but this would mean that Blitz would learn what projects are which is really needed and not understandable ( or really acceptable ) for a programming IDE not to work on project base.