Movement Arrows/Pegs/Things

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Movement Arrows/Pegs/Things

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#1]
I did it :)
Basically, it uses arrows drawn in 2d to drag 3d objects about (handy for 3d editors of all sorts). I still have to implement rotation, but here it is so far. It also has a rectangle over line function in case you don't have one already, (and some exerts from the "Picklesworth Stupid 1 Line Functions" collection).

It's all quite simple, but nothing like this has had its source code posted yet so I may as well save someone a bit of time.
Is there anything I'm missing here that I should add? I plan to put this in the code archives for fun, but may as well have everything I need first time round, and may as well be forced to add it before I tell myself I'm done (it works better that way, regardless of how small the project is).

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'm really interested in this, but your gives an error 'Function "distance" not found'.

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#3]
Oh, that's a dll... (GLBlitz if you want to know. I don't know where I got it but it basically fills a few holes in the b3d command set)
Just use this function:
Function Distance#(x1#,y1#,x2#,y2#)
	;Uses pythagoreus theorum
	Return Sqr(((x2-x1)^2)+((y2-y1)^2))
End Function

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#4]
Full finished (to the extent I needed it plus a bit more) thing in the code archives now :D
Yay, my first code archive entry!!
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1238