Why not package current PC bmax with mac version

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Why not package current PC bmax with mac version

smilertoo(Posted 2004) [#1]
If you look at the forumns you can see people are jumping through hoops trying to get Bmax working on pearpc, why not save all that hassle and release the win32 Bmax as command line driven until the ide is done...its clear theres loads of people willing to put up with a little extra hassle.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#2]
Whats so bad about command line?
I use it a lot in Java...
Its awesome!

poopla(Posted 2004) [#3]
*shrug* Might as well I suppose.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#4]
Because it is simpler to fix the last bugs within the system on a OS with 20-30 possible system configs. This way the core bugs are found that are in the system and not hardware bound.

On windows there will lots of bugs show up that are just caused by drivers, systemconfigs etc like most bugs are.

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#5]
The only problem I have with running BlitzMax on PearPc is that all compiles have to be in windowed mode. It crashes when you run a fullscreen app.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]
If you look at the forumns you can see people are jumping through hoops trying to get Bmax working on pearpc, why not save all that hassle and release the win32 Bmax as command line driven until the ide is done...its clear theres loads of people willing to put up with a little extra hassle.

Because they want help catching the Mac bugs, and all those people who are struggling are currently among those likely to help do that.

Because they don't want to have to struggle through Windows bugs as well.

You know BRL well enough by now to know that they're not Homer Simpson so they're not going to cave if you say "Can we have it please, dad?" a hundred times.

smilertoo(Posted 2004) [#7]
Sure they will.