csp sprites?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/csp sprites?

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#1]
I am using the csp particle system (thanks JFK) in my game.
I just have a strange bug. The particles are only showing up if there is an object behind it, and then the particles are clipped to the shape of the object. It would be a neat efect if it was intentional, but it's not.
I think it has to do with the drawing order but I can't just use entity order becouse then the exposions will apear in front of objects even if it has move behind it.
Any ideas?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sounds like it is one of these problems:

alpha z-order problems, use additional or multiplying blending modes instead.

Graphics-Card Driver problem - try to get the latest update for you Cards drivers. (Seen disappearing alphaed meshes problems on Ati Cards)

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yep that was it. I just comented out the alpha camands and it workes perfect. Thanks again.

Well I got it working normal again, alpha and all. It was my skysphere. It just needed to be drawn last. By the way Your system Rocks!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks. Well, a single surface system would be faster, but as long as you don't use more than a few hundred Sprites at a time, it doesn't matter that much.

Oh yes,and there was a bug inside, I fixed it here, but then forgot what it was :). I think it had something to do with the random-rotation parameter.