Another BMax Inquiry

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Another BMax Inquiry

Robin Hossain(Posted 2004) [#1]
I use Blitz3D(B3D) and PureBasic(PB) for most of my programming needs. PB offer me DLL compilation and multi-threading capabilities to compliment B3D's 3D graphics.

One big plus I can immediately see in BMax is 64-bit doubles which should allow for larger spacial postioning as well as financial calculation ability.

However, does anyone know if BMax will compile as a DLL (I'd be surprised if it didn't) and also if I can write 'string safe' multithreading code?

The problem with PB multithreading is that string variables used in different threads were subject to corruption due to tye same buffer space being used for those strings..

If Bmax scores these factors over PB then I'd probably purchase it soon - otherwise I'd wait until there was a reson to purchase it over PB.

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#2]
Im pretty sure it doesn't compile DLL's.. also I don't think it has anything with 'threads' in it.. you can code a threading system in C/C++ though and just import it into BMax.

Robin Hossain(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks Tore,

That's a pity, as I can see no reason at this stage to chose Bmax over PB. Except maybe if a good 3D engine with the simplicity of B3D was released and with measurable speed increases over B3D. Otherwise the PB/B3D combo still seems to be the best combo (price wise) for some time to come...