why bmax have other lang forum and we dont???

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/why bmax have other lang forum and we dont???

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#1]
where am i supposed to get help on C#?????
nobody regularly helps you in the C# forums for many places. it takes a day or more on www.chsharphelp.com and i usually get crap responses. it takes about 1 day on the sharpdevelop forums, and they always say, go look at the sharpdevelop source, nobody posts about c# on www.codeproject.com ....its like i have nobody to get help from. i am requesting an "Other Languages Programming" Section in b3d and b+ so everyone can talk about other languages, not just bmax owners...

dangerdave(Posted 2004) [#2]
C, C++, Objective C, and Assembler are languages that the BMK can compile and use with BlitzMax projects.
The forum would be used to discuss the languages in relation to BlitzMax.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#3]
oh.

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#4]
*** RANT ALERT *****

What follows is 3 days of pure anger, being released in one sudden outburst!!!

BTW, would probably posted in oh, I don't no, MISC or GENERAL, but since you cant seem to even get those sections here it is!

DangerDave:
"C, C++, Objective C, and Assembler are languages that the BMK can compile and use with BlitzMax projects.
The forum would be used to discuss the languages in relation to BlitzMax."

Umm, while Im certain you are correct, I would like to poit out that we can use C++, C, Asm with Blitz3D too, we call them DLLs. We should not be limitted from any discusions, its like BlitzBasic.com is turning into some sort of country club, with BlitzMax being the snobs and the existing customer base the slobs. Man Im going to watch cady shack, at least that was humor, this here is just tragic.

Don't get me wrong, Im a big fan of BRL for many reasons, but support has never been their strong point, IMHO. If not for the user community and sites like BlitzCoder.com BlitzBasic and its ken would have vanished long ago. Now, we see a wedge being hammered back into the heart of the community and its starting to smell like 2002 and 2003 all over again, when Mark and Idigicon were in their little spat.

Sorry if I sound a little envenomed, but when you slam doors in the faces of existing customers, who have purchased your products and convenced others to buy your products based on this very community, it does tend to hurt a little bit. I was gung ho for BMAX before this, now? Im more like Screw BRL, if this is the attitude they have, Ill deal with Microsoft instead, at least they act like they care. Of coarse being a limp spined whimp, Ill be buying BMAX when its released for the PC. God Im so pathetic!

BTW, the first person who says, "Well you should just use DBpro or something else and stop bothering Mark and company", will suffer horrors apon horrors. Firstly, your hair will fall out, and then you will get fat, and then.... oh, wait thats me... Well something will happen... and it wont be pretty... well not that pretty anyway... YOU PERV!!!

Seriously though, am I the only one who feels like Im being punished for:

1) Being a loyal BRL customer since 2002.
2) Not Owning a MAC, I mean how exactly do you get MAC out first when thats like a micro market with virtually NO existing customers, could you be any less loyal to your existing customer base if you tried? *Grrrr*
3) Im sure theres something.

Banshee(Posted 2004) [#5]
Of coarse being a limp spined whimp, Ill be buying BMAX when its released for the PC. God Im so pathetic!

Your anger is bordering on the hillarious ;).

Well you should just use DBpro or something else and stop bothering Mark and company

I'd be more inclined to recommend Pure Basic on account of it being a language, that other one is a showcase of how many mistakes a one man band can make when business is more important than the product.

Seriously though, am I the only one who feels like Im being punished for:

1) Being a loyal BRL customer since 2002.
2) Not Owning a MAC, I mean how exactly do you get MAC out first when thats like a micro market with virtually NO existing customers, could you be any less loyal to your existing customer base if you tried? *Grrrr*
3) Im sure theres something.

1. I agree that there is no need to restrict the forum posting, infact I find the whole "no posting here unless you already own our products" quite a detterent, it stops potential customers from asking questions they feel they need to ask before making a decision.

On the other hand, it also keeps the community clear of "Can I make a Final Fantasy MMORG in Blitz with Halo grpahics?" posts. So it's a two edged sword.

BTW, can I? *no no dont answer!*

2. The stated intention was to protect you from the attrocities Mark may have committed in bodging BMax up intime for an xmas pay cheque, I believe it too. In this respect, he's actually doing you a favour. It's the poor buggers with Mac's I feel sorry for.

3. Yeah, your probably right.

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#6]
Am I the only one who is slowly getting used to the changes on the forum?

I kinda like that there are different sections now for the different products although I do not agree that people are seperated and can only post in the sections for the products they own. I think it seperates the community too much.

A section for other languages in the blitzmax forum is cool as you can use languages like c/c++ with BlitzMax. I do however beleive that a section for other languages should have been added to the b3d and blitzPlus forums. Or maybe one global forum where everybody can post about other languages.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#7]
For the posting block in BM board I think there is a good reason.
Look at the chaos people are creating here because of BM only Mac OS etc. With that chaos, all potential costumers would be away before they are really around.

And it is totally blocking usefull discussions when 95% have no idea of what they are talking as they do not own a Mac to actually test their "hot air" theories.

I'm fine with the posting block, but some mods would be needed to clean up the chaos over here.

Banshee(Posted 2004) [#8]
I'm with Amon, seperation is actually working out quite well but an extra "Community forums" tab would be nice.

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#9]
C, C++, Objective C, and Assembler are languages that the BMK can compile and use with BlitzMax projects.

BMax can use C directly?!!
This has pushed my purchase of BMax to the SECOND it comes about for pc, even though I haven't yet in fact learned C yet...

I think the posting block is fine, but there should be a completely global general discussion forum (one that is the exact same page no matter whether you link to it from the BMax section or the B3d section), where anyone can post. My reason is, lots of the time, people like myself have no clue what realm they need to look at for what they want to do, and so they need that section to figure it out. It would be handy for both customers and non-customers!

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#10]
I second a Global section for all to post in. I'm hoping this will be the case when the offtopic and general discussion forums return. I would hate to see seperate offtopic forums for each section of the website.

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hey, global works for me, I have no real desire to be tempted any further to blow mega bucks on a System that I will only use maybe a couple of times( that being a MAC ). But isolating everyone like this is going to cause a major schism in the community, almost instantly starting to feal like the haves vs the have nots.

We should at least have READ ONLY access to all areas for all products, this is done by everyone eslse that I know of, there is no real valid reason to keep us in the dark. :)

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#12]
does anybody here program in c# and know of a good forum to get help?

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#13]
I DO have READ ONLY access to BlitzMax. As for B+ and B3D, I can post anywhere.