I will not buying BlitzMax

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/I will not buying BlitzMax

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#1]
Until it comes out for the PC of course.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#2]
*phew* i was gonna say...
get the pitchforks and the torches!!!!!
close one there...

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#3]
I wont be buyin it here also.....until I get some cash. ;P

Anyway, I really dont like how yer only limited to posting in the forum of the Blitz products you have registered.......

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#4]
Anyway, I really dont like how yer only limited to posting in the forum of the Blitz products you have registered.......
Why would you want to post to other forums ?
The limitation makes sense to me...

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#5]
Why would you want to post to other forums ?
The limitation makes sense to me...

If you own Blitz3d and a question on BlitzPlus you could easily help with ( because the commands are practically identical ) appears on the BlitzPlus forum.

If you own BlitzPlus and a question on Blitz3d you could easily help with ( because the commands are practically identical ) appears on the Blitz3d forum.

If you own Blitz3d or BlitzPlus and want to get the most out of your 30 day trial of BlitzMax by discussing it with people who already own BlitzMax ( many of whom may not own another version, since it's currently Mac only )

Probably others too.

DJWoodgate(Posted 2004) [#6]
I have a feeling that the decision to remove the general discussion and off topic forums from the index is going to backfire badly.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#7]
I picked up BMax and going to get my iMac. Maybe it'll be my Christmas present.

DH(Posted 2004) [#8]
I picked up BMax and going to get my iMac. Maybe it'll be my Christmas present.

Ahhh, the ideal consumer... Buy it before you try it, and hell, buy it before you have the ability to use it...

Floyd(Posted 2004) [#9]
I have a feeling that the decision to remove the general discussion and off topic forums from the index is going to backfire badly.

I say good riddance to the Off Topic forum.

But we do need a 'Blitz related general discussion' forum.

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#10]
Man, so now we have no way to see if we are missing anything about products we don't have. BTW, I don't see some sections for products I do have and am registered for? So Im thinking there is still some bugs to work out.

However, I must say, for the amound of downtime the site had, Im very suprised things are not a little more robust around here. Still got the same ole nasty text box to type in, still way to small for most uses here. :(

Robert(Posted 2004) [#11]

I say good riddance to the Off Topic forum.

Aww! - I found many of the posts in there a suitably pointless distraction from coding.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#12]
I dont understand the logic behind purchasing BlitzMax if you cannot used it. Especially when Blitz Research will be releasing a version you can.

I have plenty of useless vaporware on my pc that can use your financial support - hehe. Patience is virtue in this situation.

Although, I didn't visit General Discussion and Off-Topic forums often, they were meeting grounds for the Blitz Community.

Every now and then, I dont want to talk about game development, programming, etc. So, one way or another off-topic discussions are going to spur up and its good to have a place within the community to do so.

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#13]
What do you think about the fact that you need an apple to create apple programs in BMAX?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#14]
that is ok as you need to test the stuff before hurting other peoples systems

Banshee(Posted 2004) [#15]
I'm trying to wrangle me an Apple now although personally I preffer Banana's, and that's pretty much what I think about not having a genedral discussion area for users to meet: Banana's.

Blitz has always been a bit week in supporting other aspects of game dev, by that I meen my bro is a 3d modeller, but it took him doing a favour for one of the admins to get him access to the forums where he could meet up with some programmers to work with...

Now we dont even have general discussion :(

Mind you I dont want to whinge as the outlook is rosy. BMax here at last, possibly bug ridden and on a platform I cannot yet use, but the milestone is set at least.

Cheers to the future, and merry christmas all.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#16]
Well I do get to use the forums and I also got to educate myself with the docs ;P Maybe it sounds strange but I'm sure BlitzMax will work wonders for me and heck I only paid $100 for Blitz3D like 3 years ago and got so much out of it. No reason not to support Mark right now as I'm sure he'll come through for me again.