No more offtopic?!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/No more offtopic?!

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#1]
First post for updated pages!! :)

a little offtopic but what can ya do?

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
I was just wondering about that myself, where else can we post the thread titled "Oh my god! Blitzmax has been released!"?

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#3]
It will be back in a few weeks.

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#4]
you're absolutely right... where can we spam this place now?

[edit] but how were supposed to go without it for a few WEEKS?? :)

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
It will be back in a few weeks.
Why? We can live without it. Life will be better, and you know it.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
The new forum layout is not as good as the last one. I liked everything on one page.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#7]
The advantage of multiple forums is that people will know instantly what language a person is referring to in their queries.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#8]
yeah, I go to the wrong place for cummunity now!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#9]
Although if you are not allowed to post there unless you have the product, that would be a bit frustrating. I have been able to (try to) help people with B+ for instance but I don't own the product.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#10]
I've just made a post in 'off topic' but I seemed to be the only one there! :)

Hmmm, how did I manage that!? ;)

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#11]
I like the changes.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#12]
Big10p.. i posted too ^.^ hehe!!!

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#13]
No more product updates page either? Register product has me listed as owning Blitz3d and BlitzPlus, but I don't see anywhere to download updates any more.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#14]
bottom of the relative forum, Syb ;)

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#15]
hmmm... dont like layout as much as last time...
everything on one page was good, although adding bmax for every kind of type of link (code arcs, programming, ect.) would be a little bit too big of a page...

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#16]
Yeah, that's fine if you want the latest version, but I kinda liked having the option of downloading older versions. I'm not currently using 1.88 of Blitz3d, for example. And since there's no B2d forum, where's the B2d update?

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#17]
Why? We can live without it. Life will be better, and you know it.
No it won't !
Life *is* better with Off Topic running :)

Caff(Posted 2004) [#18]
Life *is* better with Off Topic running :)

No it's not. Good riddance to off-topic. Go elsewhere for your dumb conversations. Such as the pub. The pub is a 'real life' experience that I highly recommend.

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#19]
How else is Halo gonna keep his political carreer going without off topic. [joke]

I think I can wait a few weeks for offtopic to be back.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#20]
No it's not.
Since when did you stay away from Off Topic ? :p

I'm as eager as anyone to get my large sausage-fingers on BM
but as long as don't own a Mac I'd like to drool over it in OT...
And noone *have* to go there if they don't want you know....

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#21]
Speaking of which, WHERE IS HALO??????????

Caff(Posted 2004) [#22]
I think the question you need to be asking yourself is -

Do I behave like a tard?

If you can confidently say no, then you should think carefully about posting to these forums. If you say yes, then I suggest you put yourself in a wooden box for a few years.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#23]
Yeah, what wedoe said. ;)

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#24]
As far as i am concerned, DON'T bring offtopic back. There is a perfect place for off topic and flamewars, it's called BlitzCoder :)

The entire "seperation" of the forums for each product is something i don't like personally.

Also, we can only get the latest update now for Blitz products, it'd be nice if previous updates were also available.

Tracer

sswift(Posted 2004) [#25]
I don't like the forum seperations myself.

And I want off topic to return!

I come here to chat with people. I provide tech support to folks because I hang out here so it's convenient to do so. The forums will be a lot less interesting place to hang out if people can't discuss everyhting from funny stuff they find on the net, to cool games they've played recently, to what they ate for breakfast this morning.

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#26]
Fine, just ban Halo's, Slenkar's and JFK's political/consipracy/etc posts then.

Tracer

Curtastic(Posted 2004) [#27]
I think it should exist but we should just have no link to it. Then the only way to get there is to get the URL from someone who knows it...
OK. NO LINKs.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE O.T. CLAN, YOU MUST EITHER BE THE SON OF A MEMBER, OR KILL A MEMBER AND TAKE HIS UNIFORM.

eh? eh? then new people will think the site is all clean

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#28]
kinda spoiled it now haven't you? anyone looking at this thread will see the secret URL.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#29]
"I think it should exist but we should just have no link to it."

And I think that's a terrible idea. :-)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#30]
Without Off-Topic I don't see myself coming to the forum much anymore. It'll be too bad if knowledeable users don't hang around the forum as much because then the best part of the forum, how quickly you can get an answer to a question, won't be true anymore.

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#31]
I don't like the forum seperations myself.

The entire "seperation" of the forums for each product is something i don't like personally.

Ditto. This sucks! Now my work will be relegated to the foreseeably popular blitz plus area [/sarc].

No it's not. Good riddance to off-topic. Go elsewhere for your dumb conversations. Such as the pub. The pub is a 'real life' experience that I highly recommend.

You simply don't understand the heart of this forum.

Curtastic(Posted 2004) [#32]
graphics showcase is stuck under the blitz3d page.
code archives has no page, even though certain code only works for certain versions.

so each page needs a code archives. then there is a general code archives. And the graphics (no sound?) showcase should be on the general page.

Craig Watson(Posted 2004) [#33]
Off Topic is a valid area for building a community atmosphere (granted not always a positive one.) Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to look at it.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#34]
"that's fine if you want the latest version, but I kinda liked having the option of downloading older versions."

Not only are older versions not available anymore, there aren't any downloads for documentation.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#35]
Here's Off Topic:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/topics.php?forum=1

:P

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#36]
Tracer IS a conspiracy

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#37]
You lot (Dunnno who specifically that was aimed at!) Will always complain about the forums and that this isnt good, we need off-topic, off-topic's a waste of space, there's too many forums, not enough forums...

GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
Listen to yourselves!