Newton Physics Engine

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Newton Physics Engine

Chroma(Posted 2004) [#1]
I checked out a video of the Newton Physics Engine in action and was VERY impressed. I would link the video but I'm not into linking other peoples bandwidth. Just go check out the Newton Physics Engine website.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#2]
yes, but since we'll be clicking on the very same link once we get there...:)

maximo(Posted 2004) [#3]
So is this free? Can it be integrated in BlitzMax when it's out?

It seems like there is DBPro version of it, even blitz3d should have one

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
I tried it for my pool game ( yeah, I know pool physics is easy, but I'm lazy :P ). Either the wrapper was missing some important commands or Newton is not even as good as Tokamak. Then I tried the A6/Newton pool game that I'd seen people raving about and it stunk my pc out. Really, really poor. I'll take a look at this video ( as Ant said, you may as well have linked to it, that's what it's there for. It's not the same as hotlinking an image ) but I've a feeling it'll be another one of those times when they release a video that hides all the missing/broken bits of something.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#5]
newton has especially very cool ragdoll behavior ( think at least some of you struggled over monkey bowling which was made with DBP and newton )

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#6]
Newton is looking fairly impressive, actully. They've made some interesting claims in regards to their new collision system, physics shapes, etc, which they've backed up with reasonably impressive demos. Overall they seem to be moving in a direction worth keeping an eye on.