Paint on terrain

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Paint on terrain

Chad(Posted 2004) [#1]
Is there a program that allows you to just paint on terrain? You load in the height map and it pops up and you select whatever mesh you want for the texture and then just click and paint it on? If you've been following the AB project kind of like that program but in 3d.

If not, how can I create a long and winding road through a forrest without programming every little change in direction it goes through?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#2]
FLE ALE CLE
Geoscape 3D
etc etc
for the terrain

Rhyolite(Posted 2004) [#3]
Also consider TerraEd, which allows object placement for your road mesh. You can download a demo of TerraEd and some of those mentioned above from the tools section.

Chad(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yeah, I downloaded the demo for TerraEd. I guess I just need more time to experiment with it, it's a pretty powerful program and get lost trying to do some of the stuff with all the buttons.

Rhyolite(Posted 2004) [#5]
@Chad

There is a AVI tutorial you can download for TerraEd, its very helpful for seeing what you can do - well worth the download. I find TerraEd an excellent product, but it also depends on what your requirements are.

Chad(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks Rhyolite..

I actually found FLE most like what I was looking for, simple, quick, and not a bunch of stuff I don't need.

Later in my project I will look more into TerraEd, thanks!