Audio Designer wants to ask a favour of you...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Audio Designer wants to ask a favour of you...

Ash(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi.

I haven't been here in a while, but I'd just like to once again offer my services as a musician and sound effect designer to those who are in need of audio for their games. However, aside from this, I'd also like to ask a favour of you:

For one of my university assignments (for a bachelors' degree in Creative Music and Technology), I'm required to spend at least 90 hours working in a profession that interests me. I have always been interested in creating music and sound effects for games (but preferably music), and this is the line of work I'd like to go into upon graduating (and yes, I realise that it's going to be hard to break into that industry). Therefore, I'd like to team up with any existing teams out there who are looking to put audio into their games. I have tried sending stuff off to bigger development houses in the hope that they'd take me for a placement, but of course, they have bigger things to worry about than some random student, so naturally they're not helping.

To this end, I'd like to join a team with a project that requires a fair-to-large amount of audio (so that I can fill the required time with all the creative stuff) - preferably an adventure or RPG game, or something of the sort. (I can also fill in my 90 hours doing several projects at one time, instead of just one, so don't think that I can only do one project at a time; I can do more than one.)

Of course, I'm not just going to fill in my time with you and then quit. I'm going to be on your team for however long you'll need me - even if creating all the audio takes over 90 hours, I'll stay for however long it takes. My aim at the end of this is not just to fulfil my assignment's requirements, but also to get together a demo with which I can get into the games industry in audio design - and of course, to give you some truly kick-ass audio for your game. ;)

Additionally, I can also do beta-testing and various other duties relating to game development, should you want to use me for other jobs besides audio design.

Should you be interested in my services, I can be contacted at <ashleykampta@...; (without the brackets, of course). Samples of my work can be obtained upon request, by emailing me.

Since my primary purpose here is to fulfil my assignment requirements, I will not ask for any sort of fee, monetary or otherwise - e.g. food ;) - but if you are willing to provide a payment or donation for my audio work (if you choose for me to work on your project with you), then I will of course be most grateful. :)

Rambus(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sending an email...