Merpeople Models

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Merpeople Models

Strider Centaur(Posted 2004) [#1]
Ok, Im descent when it comes to doing spaceships, naval ships and what not. However, when it comes to organics, my skills just aren't there yet, Im getting better, but still have a ways to go. I can do the animations easy enough, just the basice model and texturing ( mostly the face ) is a real problem.

SO, to that end, would anyone have a Merman, Mermaid I could use in my underwater Demo, I need them so I can represent the player characters, I already have sharks, fish, and the likes. Once I have these animated and in place I will release version 1 of the Demo.

There is no game play in the Demo, just chat and environment at the moment. However, thanks to the moduler design, gameplay can be added without making changes to the existing code base. Im a big of modular programming using Types and Globals to hold vital data that would be needed to cause environment, movement and appearance changes of every player and object in the game/demo. Most environment is controled by simple function calls to allow the easy and quick changes for just about any FPS game type imaginable.

But instead of talking, Ill show you, when I have the models. :)

Oh and thanks, even if you decided not to help, you at least read this far. LOL

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Did you search on www.3dcafe.com ?

EDIT - uh, just checked it, no success. There are plenty mermaids you can buy, eg. from turbosquid. If I was you, I'd take any woman mesh and remove the legs and add a mermaid fish tail (since you already got the fishes), this should be easy when you have basic skills and a tool.