my ide! cool stupid useless awesome features!!!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/my ide! cool stupid useless awesome features!!!!

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#1]
im making it in C# using the SharpDevelop IDE and im making a blitz IDE for free..... you will be able to have a transparent window so it is partially see thru!!!!!! you never again will have to minimize it because you forgot what you were going to write! this stupid ide will obviously be free.... im just really bored right now and i came across that and it was cool! you can read stuff in the IDE and behind it in the window below at the same time!

N(Posted 2004) [#2]
you will be able to have a transparent window so it is partially see thru!!!!!!

OMG 'frm.Opacity = 0.5d;' OMG!!!! It's not that big of a deal to have a transparent window, and in fact it's actually -harder- to read stuff when there's crap cluttering up the background of the text you're reading.

I wrote a little syntax highlighting text editor in C#, extremely simple.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#3]
yeah i know its harder to see and easy, but it looks cool!

Storm8191(Posted 2004) [#4]
Noel's right, making a window transparent usually makes it harder to read & use. Used effectively, however, can make a program look cool. If you leave the text parts fully opaque, and other parts with solid colors as semi-transparent, you can then have quite an interesting and appealing look. It only comes down to how you use it.