Car Physics

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Car Physics

Chad(Posted 2004) [#1]
I know there are a lot of physic stuff for vehicles, but since I have dialup it takes me hours to find and download an engine that might possibly have 20 lines of code I need. I was wondering though, if there is a physic engine just for vehicle physics. I tried looking through the 2 things above, but didn't find anything unless I missed something.

Thanks,
Chad

Chad(Posted 2004) [#2]
Ok, I found this in the Blitz Showcase forum, http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=40455 Hopefully it gets released, it looks pretty good, but still I'm open for anything else.

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#3]
Are you after full-physics stuff that allows airborne cars or cars that just stick to the ground?

I have an older demo that you may be interested in that uses no outside physics engine, but also I have some ODE and Tokamak stuff that allows for a more realistic bouncy car, but achieving decent handling is harder.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#4]
Note that acheiving "decent handling" is one hell of a hard task and one that has taken the longest amount of time with the car engine i'll be using in a few games... ODE is fun to learn, i suggest taking a look.

Chad(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hey Damien, I looked at the Cygnus website and you have some good stuff there. Keep it updated, I'm really interested with some of the stuff you have.