cannot play the movie in graphics3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/cannot play the movie in graphics3d

Akat(Posted 2004) [#1]
this is stupid... i never realize that i dont know how to do this coz i never try it before, i think this is easy untill i tried last night... anybody?

1. i do a 3rd person game
2. when this character reach at the end of the level, it will play the FMV (in avi, mpg etc...)
3. the thing is i want to switch from graphics3d to graphics2d just like that in order to play the movie properly
4. actually my girlfriend's comp only use intel 82815 graphics card, n i dont know why it cannot support for playing the movie in full size (or scale up the movie) in 3D graphics... but its going fine in graphics2d???

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#2]
Make sure your drawing the movie, after the renderworld. Does that help?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#3]
end graphics is your friend ;)

Akat(Posted 2004) [#4]
* i draw it... only voice appear, but no pics... but its ok if the movie is in the real size without scaling it up or down (what i meant with scale is w & h parameters in drawmovie movie,x,y,w,h command)
** phew... end graphics will release everything preloaded object like camera away... so do i have to reload everything back when the character continue to run again? n the graphics also pop up out like a flip flop thing

PowerPC603(Posted 2004) [#5]
You can check out my movieplayer, which I wrote a few month back:

Source code (and exe):
http://users.pandora.be/vge/downloads/MoviePlayer

It uses a 3D, fullscreen graphics mode (1024x768x32)
and scales the movie to fill the screenwidth or screenheight (with respect to the aspect-ratio).
To install, copy the exe anywhere you want.

To use it, right-click a movie-file (avi, mpeg, ...), select "open with..." and select the movieplayer exe.

This is required, because I didn't create an interface to load the moviefile via a nice menu, it just accepts the entire path and filename of the movie via the commandline.

If you don't supply an valid filename (or start the exe on it's own without parameters), then you'll get an error: "You haven't specified a valid file."

It is also able to take screenshots of your movies.
At default, they are placed in the directory: "C:\Movieplayer\Screenshots\", but you can change this at the top of the program (variable: ScreenshotDir$).

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
Don't know if it was said, but when you do a renderworld after DrawMovie, you need to check the Command CameraClsMode to allow not to erase the background of the 3D rendering.

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#7]
Isolate you code to something simple like this:
midx = nWinWid/2 : midy = nWinHit/2 ; centre screen
hmovie = OpenMovie(avi$)
If hmovie<>0
 wid = MovieWidth(hmovie)
 hit = MovieHeight(hmovie)
 movieX = midx - (wid/2)
 movieY = midy - (hit/2)
 Repeat
  Cls
  DrawMovie hmovie,movieX,movieY