What happened to the "Procedural Programming Comp"

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/What happened to the "Procedural Programming Comp"

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi peeps

Did you all give up on this? its a shame if you did.... some of you had some realy good stuff going! My own project was semi-complete but I submited it anyway, minus the bomberman bits. Oh well.

Well, even if you did give up, maybe its an idea you post whatever you did get done here? the other threads getting ignored now and i think its a shame the tallent isnt being shown....

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yeah, I ran out of time on mine. I'll post it when I get to a distibutable point. I've got some model content that I planned on building in code but ran out of time. I'll get to it in the next couple of days.

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#3]
I havn't given up. I just ran into a little problem with how to fire the bullets in the right direction. Now I have done a few tutorials and stuff got it all working. The thing is that now it uses code I didn't realy invent. Next time though I'll be able to write it from scratch(I think).
And I still have to learn sound and learn how to reset the game, and levals and the list just goes on. It will be done, someday.
Oh-Ya one more problem is I think I did my drawing wrong.
I have the graphics set to 800,600, and all the drawing was done by adding and subtracting from an 800,600 screen. So in debug mode it crawls along, and I am scared to try it in another graphics resolution. The code looks something like this...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#4]
ooh... loadsa code missing there i think? nice work though. Its a shame not so many people joined in for the final haul :(

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#5]
That code was just posted to hopfuly get some advice on how I could change the drawing so that it can be run in other screen resolutions.
I think that the next contest should give something like 6 weeks, and there would be more people interested. Even that is a short time for a real game. Don't ya think?

daaan(Posted 2004) [#6]
SQUARE APPLES!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#7]
that was indeed quite fun, y'know. i think you should Modify it to be more like Missile Command :D

daaan(Posted 2004) [#8]
yea that could be neat. i do wish that i had put some time into a entry that really could have helped the community though. so in the end there were 3 entries? so SQUARE APPLES! was 3rd? gnarly...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#9]
'ere, what were all the entries?

This compo was the birth of a new chip sound system for blitz... i will release it at a later date when i get time to unbug all the bugs! hehe :D