Making EmitSound() LOUDER!!??

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Making EmitSound() LOUDER!!??

ICECAP(Posted 2004) [#1]
Ok, i have created a village with a stream and a waterfall at the back of it. When i map a 3d sound to the waterfall it works but only if you are two steps away from it. It there any way of extending the range of the sound?

It needs to be LOUDER.

I cant resize the map so that the sound dies off less quickly because i am using a combonation of TerraED, BlitzTrees and BlitzGrass... and it would be a nightmare trying to resize everything in my scene.

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#2]
Try messing with the parameters of
CreateListener ( parent[,rolloff_factor#][,doppler_scale#][,distance_scale#] )

ICECAP(Posted 2004) [#3]
Legend!!
Cheers man.

martonic(Posted 2004) [#4]
You may also need to use a sound processing program (i.e. ACID etc.) and boost the amplitude of the sound. Sometimes I boost sounds by as much as 10 db before converting to ogg for use in blitz.

aab(Posted 2004) [#5]
i do that with practically all my sfx, usually because the music drowns them out completely.

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#6]
Also,
sometimes you can play a sound twice to make it louder:

EmitSound(Sound,Entity):EmitSound(sameSound,sameEntity)

bye!

John Blackledge(Posted 2004) [#7]
Just while we're on the subject of EmitSound, I did this:
channel = EmitSound(hwav,entity)
...then
channel = EmitSound(hwav,entity)
again at a later time, in case the sound had finished.

Since I had (oops) set it to loop, the 'StopChannel channel' function only worked on the last one, and left the earlier one looping, and no way to switch it off.
Seems that each call to the line created a new instance of the looping sound, and did not replace or restart the old one.
Since then (and I recommend) every 'channel=EmitSound' is preceded by a 'StopChannel channel' line.