MouseOver Space Ship

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/MouseOver Space Ship

BerndWill(Posted 2004) [#1]
How can I find out, what Space Ship Entity my mouse is right now moving over (i.e. I want to click onto a space ship and get it highlighted / marked) ?

Thanks, Bernd

BlackD(Posted 2004) [#2]
In the manual, look up:

EntityPickMode
CameraProject
CameraPicked
EntityPicked
PickedX
PickedY
PickedZ
ProjectedX
ProjectedY

I've done this before, exactly as you describe - so check this out as well. (.bb code and some images). You're welcome to use that source, I've abanded that project. I use sprites, but it works the same way for entities:
http://www.geocities.com/kinneargames/space.zip

That might make life a little easier to study how it's done. :)

+BlackD

BerndWill(Posted 2004) [#3]
what about the right mouse button and the mouse wheel ?
are these objects supported ?

Thanks, Bernd

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#4]
Of course. MouseDown(2), MouseDown(3) and MouseZSpeed()

BlackD(Posted 2004) [#5]
BerndWill, I don't mean any disrespect, but just some helpful advice -

Before coming and asking here if you can use right mouse button and mouse wheel etc, take some time to read through all the COMMAND REFERENCE in Blitz3D. Click the little picture of the house at the top of the screen, and go read what all the commands do. You'll find a huge wealth of information in there that would answer all the questions you've already asked, and probably the next 20 as well. :) If you keep asking questions which are already answered in the manual, all you'll do is get everyone here annoyed at you and telling you to "RTFM". :)

Now its cool you want to learn, and got no problem with you asking questions, but for your own sake you could probably save a lot of time and even learn a lot more in the process - by reading the command reference supplied in Blitz. It's great. :)

+BlackD

BerndWill(Posted 2004) [#6]
@WolRon:

thanks for the help.

@BlackD:

thanks for your game example.

Thanks anyway
Bernd