Does Blitz not work properly on Windows XP?!??!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Does Blitz not work properly on Windows XP?!??!

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#1]
I sent and blitz exe file to a friend and he ad trouble running the game. I tested the game on several other computers with differnt os and it worked fine. Anybody know about this?

Pongo(Posted 2004) [#2]
Works fine on XP here,... multiple computers, home and pro versions.

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#3]
The only known issue with Blitz is with XP SP2 and Athlon64 chips as reported here:

www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=38815

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#4]
Also: if you Moleboxed it then they need to extract the file before running it.

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#5]
Also: if you Moleboxed it then they need to extract the file before running it.

I use Molebox for most of my products and they appear to run just fine on XP (SP1 and SP2). No need to extract any thing.

Diragor(Posted 2004) [#6]
The molebox problem is inconsistent but definitely exists. I was unable to run a certain moleboxed Blitz game on one computer with Windows XP SP1 and then on a clean installation of XP with SP2. My other computer had no problems with it on XP SP1 or SP2.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#7]
works fine here

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#8]
The only known issue with Blitz is with XP SP2 and Athlon64 chips as reported here:

And also with Fast User Switching.

Craig, could be something wrong with their gfx drivers/directx setup? Or, possibly even something simple like the behaviour change of useing / or \ in paths or after a drive letter that works differantly on various OSs...

ICECAP(Posted 2004) [#9]
Could also be the 3d card. I have tried to run games made in blitz3d on my laptop and have had nightmareish problems.

Although i will grant you it only had a 16mb onboard 3d thing. :)

Rottbott(Posted 2004) [#10]
I have the problem with Fast User Switching. It also means that if the screensaver comes on, the program dies, because it goes back to the Welcome screen when the screensaver is cancelled. When you log back in you get a MAV (I think it's on RenderWorld).

SoggyP(Posted 2004) [#11]
Greetings Puppies,

I have the 'my computer' shortcut on my toolbar. Any time I try and launch a blitz app from there it fails, though if I open the folder window and click it runs fine.

Peace,

Jes