What are the causes of lockups with Debug on

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/What are the causes of lockups with Debug on

Lane(Posted 2004) [#1]
What are the causes of system instability with Debug Turned on?
I'm developing on a Win2000 box.
I have 2 cameras.

When I try to run my code with Debug turned on I get what looks like a too fast refresh rate problem on my scren. Horozontol multicolored thin lines, Esc will not allow me out of the program. It runs fine with Debug turned off.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#2]
Blitz always runs apps in a window when debug is turned on. Maybe something to do with that. Perhaps your driver/Graphics card doesn't support 3D in windowed mode, or something. Check out these various commands:
CountGfxModes3D

GfxMode3D

GfxMode3DExists

GfxDriver3D

GfxDriverCaps3D

Windowed3D

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#3]
Debug in Blitz3D tends to hang up the debugger for some reason here. Just locks up for unknown reasons and i have to kill the blitz compiler process to get it away again.

Tracer

DJWoodgate(Posted 2004) [#4]
There is the debug toolbar bit depth issue which seems to effect some windows versions. Changing the debug_toolbar.bmp to 24 bit solved my lockup problems.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yeah, good call DJW! I'd forgotten about that one. :)

Lane(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks for all the responses. I really should have given more information. It appears to have started happening sometime after I added a second camera for a radar type view. I have not yet taken the time to deactivate the second camera to test if this is the issue.
When the code is run in BIDE 1.0.0.178 debug mode on, I get only a black screen. At least It doesn't make the whole system unresponsive as BlitzIde does.

Thanks for all the tips. When I figure it out i'll update here.