Internet extrusion

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Internet extrusion

Graythe(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,

Why do my compiled programs attempt to access the internet when I run them?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#2]
DirectX test if the net is available for its multiplayer components.

Graythe(Posted 2004) [#3]
Err, so why don't they do it when run from the IDE?

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
I haven't ever had this problem.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#5]
you mnay have a viri installed? i duno...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#6]
Does a simple...

Print "Hello world"

... do it?

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#7]
This might be M$ thing and related to WHQL driver checking. Try running "dxdiag" (start menu, run) and check if you have "Check for WHQL digital signatures" checked... it's on the first "system" page leaf on the lower lef corner - if you have turned on, it might check the signature when you start a 3D program. Bloody annoying... just guess how many "spyware" comments we got when we released 3DMark03 and ppl saw that their systems accessed internet when you started 3DMark :)

Graythe(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hi guys,

The "Hello world" test does indeed attempt to access the internet. I turned off the WHQL thing in DXDiag but it still extrudes.

Graythe(Posted 2004) [#9]
I don't appear to have a virus or any virii (according to Symantec) and have checked for spyware.

I take it that Blitz isn't supposed to do this? If it is, well o.k. I'll let it squirt away but if it isn't then I would 'like to know more'.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#10]
I had this too when I used Blitz in a Win XP Machine. I can't test this now, but I'd reccommend to try Mustangs suggestion to check that DXDIAG thing.
Tho I agree, it isn't nice to see this happen. I have also installed other apps on that machine and they didn't try to access the web.

Graythe(Posted 2004) [#11]
*bump*