Selective Lighting with Textures

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Selective Lighting with Textures

Drey(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey, i was wondering if there was a way to get a particular part of a texture not to be affected by lighting. I do there is and probably uses another texture on top with full-bright or soemthing like it. But was wondering what the methods are for this. I would figure it out myself, but school is in the way. So i need to be taught instead.

LightMesh doesn't seem to work either.

Thinking about making some software lighting functions too. because i want more than 8 lights. So i have to set up software lights and make my own cals right(using normals and such). Have u guys done this before.

And the biggy is still gettin lightmapping down for my level editor. I have a few ideas now for it :-D.

I've been working on the engine alil over a month now and have 2 other programers wokring with me. Also 2 artist and a composer. We plan to work on the game for about 1.5-2 years. When the enigine is done(about 6-9 months from now), i might put it up for u guys to use. I havne't seen anything like my engine before. I think u guys will like it, i just showed the team what i've been working on for memory management and scripting. We are pumped :-D. Just school is in the way.....:(...glad it's my last year :-D