Going insane!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Going insane!!

D4NM4N(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi all,

Im really trying to get my demo out but have the following MAJOR problems!!

Some of the textures are under licence and must be put in an archive.

Terapak is giving me all sorts of random errors it seems to load files only once and goes mad if you clearworld and re load the same files. these problems seem random, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt.

Molebox seems to have a really bad rep.

Powerpacker has no way of bulk adding files and doing them one by one unless i missed something, help me filax!!(300 or so)

ARGH!

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
Molebox has a really bad rep
Its pretty much faultless as far as I'm concerned.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#3]
molebox has a really GOOD rep. I own it and it was updated yet again just recently. I believe all the bugs are gone.

Change your textures or buy molebox.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#4]
It has good rep bad some quite bad compatibility problems as it has shown with several programs I fear.
It just doesn't like several types of hardware ;)

PowerPC603(Posted 2004) [#5]
Do you clean up after unpacking your stuff with Terapak?

It could be, that a certain file was unpacked, and if you unpack it again (by loading it again), that terapak cannot unpack the file, because it already exists.

After loading an image and/or model without textures, use DLPak().
After loading several files, use PakClean().
This should delete all unpacked files that exist, so you can unpack them again (and reload them).

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
google "setup generator"

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
All this packin stuff won't prevent the owner of the textures to monitor the ram directly, save an Image and use it as evidence against you - if he really want to do that.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#8]

Some of the textures are under licence and must be put in an archive

It doesn't matter if they're in an archive anyway ... you still can't use them. Make your own!!!

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#9]
Perhaps he simply means that it is a requirement of the licence that the textures be in an archive.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#10]
Why don't you just send an email to the owner/creator of the textures?? The latest demo I released used a babe gfx by FrogDot who gave me permission to use it with credit. As long as it's for a non-commercial project it shouldn't be a problem.

D4NM4N(Posted 2004) [#11]
i think ive solved it. And anyone using terapak might want to know this:

after using cleanpak, i think ive solved the problem by calling initpak again, but I hope this does not create any memory holes.

i apologse for upstting molebox fans, but i dont want to have any compatability probs with the forthcomming AMD64, and someone else said something about this tcpa?? thing?? is this true or is someone blowing hot air?

Also most of the textures in the game are done by me, but a few are of the darkmatter cd, and used under licence. It is a condition that they are in a single file.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#12]
what darkmatter CD, 1 or 2?

And the TCPA thing - one day you will be no longer able to run any Executable, but only The Sims, Doom and the Webcam Monitor :)

RGR(Posted 2004) [#13]
;-

Rob(Posted 2004) [#14]
I cracked terapak easily.

All you do is make a "listen" app. It copies any files it finds that occur in the same folder as it.

Terapak uses the same folder to extract these files. Terapak should not be used where security is a concern.

Battle Tanks(Posted 2004) [#15]
If your needing some textures why not have a look at my new wedsite

http://www.textureshop.co.uk

Let me know what you think about it by emailing me at textureshop@...